Sunday, November 18, 2012

Re-living Childhood...on Ice

Have you ever had a moment where you're taken back to the sweeter times in life? Where everything was easy, fun and stress-free without worries?  I'm talking about the days where lights, music and dancing were all the glory. And no, I'm not talking about some night club. lol Today was one of those days.

I took my Reagan to see her very first Disney on Ice show. I was a little apprehensive at first because she is only a one year old. But I figured what the heck and I'm glad I did.  She was fascinated with every bit of it!! And although she understood nothing and hadn't even seen the movies they portrayed, it was worth the hour long drive made to see that little smile on her face.

Watching her happily smiling, bouncing up and down and clapping reminded me of my sweet, sweet childhood memories.  I remember attending those ice shows and how excited I was to see the Disney characters dancing around on their skates. And how I could not wait for the magical moment when all the lights would go out and the room would be filled with flickers from the light up toys being illuminated.


What I wore (sorry I forgot to take a good pic of myself):
Sweater: Gap - (
similar, similar, similar)
Shirt: Gap - (similar)
Jeans: Gap - (similar)
Shoes: Bakers - (
same, similar)

As I remember those childhood memories, I take note of how it feels to re-live them. I think of how much quality time with my parents has impacted my life and how much I anticipate to share those memories with my own daughter. I think of how much fun this journey with my daughter has been and how much more fun it is going to be. I admit, I am a true kid at heart. So I predict that my daughter will have the best childhood ever!!

What are some of your favorite childhood moments? I would love to hear from you so please comment below.

Until next time....

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment