Saturday, November 17, 2012

I came...I saw...I got Colored

So because I have finally gotten motivated to begin my weight loss and fitness journey, I feel compelled to tell you about a few of my accomplishments and disappointments.  Today.....was an accomplishment.

Many months ago I joined Black Girls Run, suggested to me by a very dear friend of mine. It is a free social/fitness group of girls whom are dedicated to staying fit by running while encouraging the new and challenging the old. It is truly a sisterhood and I am very grateful for them.

As I am learning to like running, I've found that I truly love to participate in races. It's the thrill and excitement, the camaraderie and the sea of runners that truly tickle my fancy.  I am surely not trying to finish in first place so right now I am just trying to finish.  It's fun but not easy.

My most recent race was the absolutely amazing The Color Run.  I had the best time ever.  Check out the photos below:



BGR sisters

Have you tried running to stay fit? Have you ever ran a 5K or 10K?  Have you been brave and tried the half or full marathon?  What are your favorite races to run?

I would love to hear from you.  Please post your comments below.

Until next time, keep reading and enjoy.

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment